Re: Hamm CDs (was Re: ZGV 2.7)

"Lalo Martins" <lalo@webcom.com> writes:

> Fascinating. I thought it was policy to ask people not to press
> hamm CDs.

Not as far as I know ... IIRC it's part of the DFSG that there can't be any
restrictions on distribution, so I'd be intrigued to know how such a policy
can be justified. If it exists, which I doubt.

Of course, there only exist *official* CDs for official releases, and hamm
isn't one of those; these CDs aren't labelled `official,' though.

> Can you tell me how can I get one?

I got mine from CS Software; I can't remember the URL right now, I'm afraid.
It's linked from <http://www.debian.org/> somewhere, though.

> And can someone explain the reason for this policy?

Not if it doesn't exist ...

> I believe that, as far as the CD makes it VERY clear that the product is
> unstable, there's no problem with this, and it would make life a lot easier
> for maintainers (specially new ones).

Or ones without a net connection that doesn't involve piles of floppies and a
half-hour drive (apologies for the double negative!), or without a net
connection at all, or who have to pay for net access (which also applies to me
):.

FYI, the discs I have are labelled `developer's snapshot'.

Andy

--
Andy Mortimer, andy.mortimer@poboxes.com
http://www.poboxes.com/andy.mortimer