Re: User-contrib, up-to-date stable

Hi,
>>"David" == David Welton <davidw@cks.com> writes:

David> On 22 Oct 1997, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

David> Maybe a libc5 computer could be made to autocompile packages?
David> Or just made available for others to work on...

	Ok. I think I can agree with the need for libc5 compiled
 packages. I'd be happy to compile as many of mine as I can if there
 is a libc5 machine for me to upload sources (maybe a CVS server?) and
 package them; I'd prefer to do it in an libc5/unstable voluntarily
 contributed fashion. (It'd be unstable unless the qa group approves
 of it).

	As the prospect of 2.0 seems to keep slip slidin' away, I
 think we may need to consider libc5 unstable upgrades. The packages
 there would be available for the qa group and brian to consider
 moving to bo-upgrades etc if the distribution manager deems fit.

	Is there a possibility of fitting in a bo-unstable
 partial distribution on the ftp site? I remember someone offerring a
 libc5 machine for people to work on. Could someone refresh my memory?

	manoj
--
 "Every institution I've ever been associated with has tried to screw
 me." Stephen Wolfram