Re: PAM support in Samba

On 22 Oct 1997, Eloy A. Paris wrote:

> OK, more coments about droping PAM support in Debian Samba for a litle
> while are welcome.

There might have been a discussion about PAM before, but I didnt see it,
so sorry if I bring up an old subject...

So why do we have PAM support in samba? I believe it is the only package
which uses PAM authentication... So are we going the PAM way? In that case
we should use PAM for all programs that need authentication... I didnt see
anything about this in the policy. If we dont want PAM, then why should we
need PAM in samba at all? If we want PAM, then I believe it should be
declared in the policy...
Perhaps this thread should move to debian-policy?

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/