Re: GNOME

> > Are we packaging GNOME and the various components needed to run it?
> > If not, I think we need to do so. In fact, I think we should seriously
> > consider declaring it Debian's preferred graphical environment.
>
> couldn't agree more!
>
> craig

Hi.

I wouldn't be that fast in declaring it "prefered graphical environment".
"Prefered" would inevitably mean better supported and I don't like that.
While deciding what graphical environment to install, the major point
is aethtatics and not free'ness. If it possible to argue what's better:
pine, elm, or mutt, then in graphical environment it is absolutely
impossible thing - taste is the main (if not only) judge.

Surely it must be included in the distribution, not as prefered but
rather than as equal.

Thanks.

Alex Y.

P.S. Does Debian suffer because of not having "prefered" editor?
(Don't tell me that it is ae :) Why don't we decalre emacs as prefered
because of its deep "free software" roots?
(btw I use vim)
--
   _
 _( )_