Re: A place for bo-compiled hamm-packages

fpolacco@icenet.fi (Fabrizio Polacco) writes:

> This is simply the request for a small (and temporary) place to put
> packages present on hamm, but recompiled under bo (when possible,
> obviously).
>
> During the development of previous versions, packages in unstable that
> were dependent from version present _only_ in unstable, were few and
> their number were growing while time was passing and the day of the
> release was going nearer.
> So users needing some particular package from unstable had the _real_
> possibility to install it on a stable system without switching to a
> _full_ unstable system.
>
> With hamm this is no longer the case. From the very first moment things
> in unstable were organized so deeply differently from stable, that a
> simple upgrade of an "innocent" package like man-db would have caused a
> full reinstallation of most important things.

That's what i had in mind when i recently suggested the creation of a
"user-contrib" section.  I'd like to see this as soon as possible.

                             Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de
   My Homepage in the WWW at the URL http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig