Re: Broken ppp/diald in unstable?

On Oct 19, John Goerzen wrote:
> Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@rosebud.sps.queensu.ca> writes:
>
> > That was reported a million times before on this list, and it hence covered
> > in the new FAQ.
>
> I apologize for missing it; however, I think it is probably
> understandable -- the paragraph in there about nsswitch starts out
> with something like "If you are using NIS..." which I am not.  So I
> thought it didn't apply to me.
>
> Thanks for your reply, this has fixed it.
>
> I assume it has been reported as a bug for the relevant package?  If
> not, I shall do so.

I've filed a new bug report against the base-files package (which provides
the nsswitch.conf file) and mailed the base-files maintainer twice about
the problem ...

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> <tobias@debian.org> <tobias@linux.de>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02  04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C