The Dave Cinege digest for today

Digest mode _on_ again.

From: "Dave Cinege" <dcinege@psychosis.com>
To: "Hamish Moffatt" <hmoffatt@mail.com>
Cc: "debian-devel@lists.debian.org" <debian-devel@lists.debian.org>,
	"debian-dissent@psychosis.com" <debian-dissent@psychosis.com>,
	"debian-policy@lists.debian.org" <debian-policy@lists.debian.org>,
	"Tim Sailer" <sailer@sun10.sep.bnl.gov>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 97 23:14:20 -0500
Subject: Re: US Debian Crypto Policy - Project leadership position

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:18:58 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 13, 1997 at 09:12:25PM -0500, Dave Cinege wrote:
>> SPI should not be using the Debian name. SPI should have no part in Debian.
>> When Bruce Perens steps down or is voted out where does that leave the new
>> leader? Will Bruce be cede the corporation to him? If we get a new leader does
>> corporation vanish? (I hope so)
>> Either way this has little to do with the issue at hand unless BRUCE makes it
>> People should be able to host what they want, without being shunned. It is time
>> the interests of SPI Inc. to step aside.
>What is it you don't like about SPI Dave?
>It's stupid to say that the interests of SPI conflict with the interests
>of Debian, because SPI was set up to service Debian. SPI gives Debian
>some financial advantages, nothing more. What is the problem?

SPI believes it owns Debian, and also creates a legal person that can tie together
the people that actually do make up this thing called Debian.

As you can see I've been right about this all along. We are now hearing crys about
the corporate standing of 'Debian' with this crypto issue. Let SPI do it's own thing.
It should not have any ties to Debian.

http://www.psychosis.com/emc/		Elite MicroComputers   908-541-4214
http://www.psychosis.com/linux-router/	Linux Router Project

Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html
Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@debian.org   NEW PHONE NUMBER: 510-620-3502