Re: Commercial interests & project leader

      Why, my illustrious friend, I mean to say, that in self-defence I may,
if I like, follow your example, affirm boldly that our two emails although
they may appear most alike are most absolutely unlike; for the result
is be that you and I may prove ourselves to be great tyros in the art of
disputing when the argument is blown away and lost. Suppose
that we put back, and return to a more contemporary position; then
perhaps we may come to an understanding with one another.

Ioannis

On Sat, Oct 11, 1997 at 12:08:17AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Dear Mr Tambouras,
>
> 	I see you have embraced the florid and grandiloquent style of
>  writers of yore; I do wish, dear sir, that you had seen fit to also
>  embrace their love for grammatical accuracy and literary lucidity.
>
> >>"ioannis" == ioannis  <ioannis@flinet.com> writes:
>
> ioannis> My most excellent Sir.
>
> ioannis> We have meet before,
>
> 	met?
>
> ioannis> and I don't recall that I was
> ioannis> gratified. Please, I do not want to continue on a bad
> ioannis> note. Nor do I enjoy such exchanges. Therefore, this
> ioannis> conversation shall not go on as you desire, and I am sure
> ioannis> that if you resist the temptation to use language so
> ioannis> creatively in your descriptions of me so I may contribute
> ioannis> something to this list--clearly. Not as much as others who
> ioannis> have been around for awhile, but something worthwhile,
> ioannis> nevertheless.
>
> 	Grand circumlocution, though quite pretty conversationally,
>  never substituited for profundity. Though in these times, it often
>  seems so.
>
> 	I remain, dear sir,
>
> 	your most humble servant,
>
> 	manoj
> --
>  "Lying lips are abomination to the Lord; but they that deal truly are
>  his delight. A soft answer turneth away wrath; but grievous words
>  stir up anger. He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is
>  folly and shame unto him. Be not a witness against thy neighbor
>  without cause; and deceive not with thy lips. Death and life are in
>  the power of the tongue." Proverbs, some selections from the Jewish
>  Scripture
> Manoj Srivastava               <url:mailto:srivasta@acm.org>
> Mobile, Alabama USA            <url:http://www.datasync.com/%7Esrivasta/>
>

> --