debian hamm problems

I upgraded to the latest hamm stuff as of last Monday or so;
now when I start up, my network script takes ages (like 5-10 minutes!)
to run. It gives a couple of "SIOCADDRT: Invalid parameter" messages,
which I think it always gave, a few minutes apart. It reads

#!      /bin/sh
ifconfig lo
route add -net
ifconfig eth0 ${IPADDR} netmask ${NETMASK} broadcast ${BROADCAST}
route add -net ${NETWORK}
route add default gw ${GATEWAY} metric 1

which is just how it's read since I installed rex.

netbase is 3.00-1, netstd is 2.13-1.

Any ideas?

Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.
http://hamish.home.ml.org/ (PGP key here)             CPOM: [*****     ] 56%
The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.  --Bohr