Re: policy on editor/pager support

On 7 Oct 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:
>
> > It is my feeling that this policy was not discussed in an adequate
> > fashion. The fact that it made it into the policy manual without much
> > review is troublesome to me. We need a better method for solidifying a
> > proposed policy than the one we are using at the moment.
>
> It was discussed extensively here before Ian proposed the current
> policy.  Later it was discussed on debian-policy.  We already have a
> fine system for solidifying proposed policy.  Developers which are
> interested in crafting policy should subscribe to debian-policy.

My point is that this situation tends to ignore the effected maintainer
who has too much to do to get involved in "all" policy decissions.

It has come clear to me that I _must_ subscribe to debian-policy if I can
ever hope to keep up with the flow of things. This completely defeats the
primary reason for splitting the lists. I'm not so sure that I "need" to
be involved in crafting policy. I am pretty sure that I need a better way
to keep track of the ebb and flow of said policy.

Thanks,

Dwarf