Re: [DEBIAN] Why does sendmail depend on procmail?

Hi,
>>"Charles" == Charles Briscoe-Smith <cpb4@ukc.ac.uk> writes:

Charles> I think someone else mentioned a while ago that sendmail
Charles> would have to be reconfigured when deliver and procmail were
Charles> swapped.  (That is, if sendmail and deliver are installed,
Charles> and you then install procmail and remove deliver.)

	Does no one listen to me anymore? (I thought it was just one's
 wife ...). Any way,
>>"Fabrizio" == Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@icenet.fi> writes:
Fabrizio> sendmail.cf:
>> A=/usr/sbin/mda $g $h $u

Fabrizio> and deliver's mda :
>> deliver -r $1 $3

Fabrizio> while procmail's mda:
>> procmail -Y -a $2 -d $3

	which allows for procmail and deliver to be hot swapped.

	manoj
--
 "Between the legs of the women walking by, the dadaists imagined a
 monkey wrench and the surrealists a crystal cup.  That's lost."  Ivan