Re: Menu Segfaults! (thank you!)

> I would love to see your menu package on my Alpha.  The problem is that
> it is the only package so far that uses libg++ specific things like
> Strings

Ah, that unfortunately was a misunderstanding on my part of the status
of libg++ "String". I thought it was going to be more or less standard,
but apparenlty the GNU pleople don't like those libg++ specific things
themselves. I'm not too sure about what I should use instead of
String (I rahter liked the class), but I believe there's a SGI
STL class that has something similar. Maybe I'll switch some time.

> and stuff together with exceptions: exceptions are not
> supported by the normal gcc on Alpha, while libg++ is not supported by
> egcs.  In other words, menu is too ++-ish :-(.  I heard that nobody is
> working on libg++ itself (not libstdc++, of course), so it is gradually
> becoming unsupported and obsolete...

Excactly. I'll have to switch one day anyway. It's just that I'm
not sure what I should use instead of libg++ String. Suggestions
are welcome :).

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj