Re: Last call for adbbs before I give up on it.

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I run a DOS based BBS here. I would package BBS software for Linux,
> but I don't really like any of it -- most of it is basically
> chatroom stuff, rather than messagging, file libraries, etc.

That's because most unix systems are on the internet, and it's easier to
use the existing internet facilities like ftp, smtp mail etc, than writing
it all into the BBS; the only BBS features that aren't done better by
normal internet facilities, possibly with the addition of a shell account,
are the chatrooms, so they're what most unix BBSs concentrate on.