How to build glibc?

In the absence of a package for libc6-2.0.5c, I've tried to build
it myself.  It didn't work.  Perhaps there are Debian-specific patches
required.  However, the maintainter hasn't answered E-Mail from others
(or from me, for that matter, though I only mailed him today).

Does anyone know where to find a source package for libc6, containing
patches etc?  I haven't been able to find one in the source tree I
looked in.
--
Chip Salzenberg          - a.k.a. -           <chip@pobox.com>
        "He's Mr. Big of 'Big And Tall' fame."  // MST3K