Re: XFree86 3.3.1 available as *.deb

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Raul Miller wrote:

> Er.. is the Millennium II a different chipset from the Millennium?
YES.

> I've got a Millennium (MGA 2064W rev 1) running fine with the
> S3 server that came with xserver-svga_3.3-3.  The README.MGA
  ^^-- seems strange because MGA hasn't any S3 chipset

> that came with xbase_3.3-3 doesn't make any attempt to distinguish
> between Millennium and Millennium II.
Sure for XFree86 3.0 or the first IBM-PC didn't mention the Matrox
Millennium card at all :-), but to be honest, the docs of
XFree86 3.3.1 (there is no Debian package available so far as I know)
says all about the difference.

Greetings

    Andreas.