Re: Packages depending on each other

On Sep 30, Eloy A. Paris wrote
> I am just taking a look at libpam0 to see how hard it would be to
> port them to libc6 and have just found that libpam0 depends on
> libpam-util and libpam-util depends on libpam0. How's this possible?

Because the maintainer specified the dependencies that way.

> What does this mean?

It means that you have to install them in one go of dpkg:
	dpkg -i libpam0*deb libpam-util*deb

There is some discussion about this in the libpam0 bug reports:
	http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/pa/llibpam0.html

HTH,
Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch