Re: libpng1

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997 12:42:48 +0200 Andreas Tille (e2od5@mlucom.urz.uni
-halle.de) wrote:

> I've found libjpegg6 in the incoming tree, but where is libpng1
> which is required by gimp???

Libpng1 has been obsolete for 5 months and has been replaced by libpng0 (and now libpng0g). When I obsoleted libpng1, I've opened bugs against all packages linked against it. Seemingly not the gimp.
I've opened a bug against the gimp.

In the meantime, you can grab libpng1 from bo.

BTW, just an other example of (bad) cross-libc linking (libpng1 is libc5, the gimp is libc6).

Phil.