Debian web servers giving out too much info

Hi everyone,

   If you have a web server, check the following http://localhost/doc/
then read on.

   I'm just curious about the default behavior of debian web servers.  As
the policy states, they should all have /usr/doc directories linked to
doc/.  While this is great for local use, and on any machine I administer,
doesn't this seem to give out a bit too much info?  E.g. someone knows
that a certain program has a big hole in it that debian hasn't fixed yet
(or that not many users have upgraded yet).  They can then go into the doc
directory through my web server and see whether I have it installed or
not.  Is it possible to make this info accessable by local users only be
default or to prompt the user during installation?  (I know I can cancel
this easily by a manual tweak.)

Just a request,
Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html
                  PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds