kbd and UK keyboard / X and fonts.

Have just installed latest version of kbd - 0.94-3 and automagically lost
my UK keyboard.  Any advice welcome on how to configure it to get it back.

In a similar vein, I've just installed xbase 3.3-6 and associated apps
and have magically lost all the appropriate fonts under X.  Advice please
?

[Yes, I _know_ unstable is for developers and testers - that's why I'm
testing it !]

Andy