Re: Handling Typical Installations

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, David Engel wrote:

> We simply create a new section (let's call it "typical" for now) and
> populate it with dummy packages that don't contain any files but
> depend on the desired set of real packages.  For example, we could

I suggested this a while back,  and it was met with a favorable response
(this was a few months ago when we were arguing about replacing dselect).
I think that part of the problem is getting the ball rolling.  Another
thing is that the proposed Diety standard includes something like this,
called "profiles".

Good Idea: 	Feeding Stray Cats in the Park.
Bad Idea:	Feeding Stray Cats in the park ... to a bear.