Re: `gs-aladdin-5.03': I've packaged it.

On 25 Sep 1997, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  I ftp'd Aladdin GhostScript 5.03, (which took forever) and grabbed
>  the source .diff that goes with gs-aladdin-4.03, and went to work on
>  building a package so I can read that GWM manual.
>
>  I now have an installable and running package ready. I am prepared to
>  make a non-maintainer release, if that is OK with the current
>  maintainer of gs-aladdin.  Here's the control file from the
>  debian/tmp/DEBIAN directory.  The `Depends' are accurate, afaict.
>
> Package: gs-aladdin
> Version: 5.03-1
> Architecture: i386
> Depends: libc6, libjpeg6a, libpng0g, svgalibg1 | svgalib-dummyg1, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5), zlib1g, libpaper (>=1.0-1)

hi,

i am the current maintainer of gs-aladdin (since two weeks :)).
I did not upload gs 3.33 and gs-aladdin 5.03 yes, since
they depend on libpaper and libjpeg6a which are still libc5 (well
libpaper is libc5, libjpeg6a is statically linked, so i am not so
sure).

The maintainer of libjpeg is trying to upload a new library in these
days and i am working on libpaper now, so i think all will be finished
during next week.

A non-maintained release is ok with me (proviso uploads of
packages which depends on libc5 are still ok),
however, please use version number 5.03-0.1, which is for
non-maintainer releases.

Thanks,

Marco

Marco Pistore                             email: pistore@di.unipi.it
University of Pisa                               marco@pisa.sbn.it
                                            tel: ++39 (50) 40031
Gnu/Debian Linux & TeX/Latex fan            fax: ++39 (50) 887 226