`gs-aladdin-5.03': I've packaged it.

 I needed to read a manual yesterday, and after upgrading to xlib6g,
 was unable to run `gv' or `gs' to do so.  So, I grabbed the source to
 `gv' and rebuilt it.  That worked fine, after one tiny fix.  But it
 cannot run without `gs'.

 I ftp'd Aladdin GhostScript 5.03, (which took forever) and grabbed
 the source .diff that goes with gs-aladdin-4.03, and went to work on
 building a package so I can read that GWM manual.

 I now have an installable and running package ready. I am prepared to
 make a non-maintainer release, if that is OK with the current
 maintainer of gs-aladdin.  Here's the control file from the
 debian/tmp/DEBIAN directory.  The `Depends' are accurate, afaict.

Package: gs-aladdin
Version: 5.03-1
Architecture: i386
Depends: libc6, libjpeg6a, libpng0g, svgalibg1 | svgalib-dummyg1, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5), zlib1g, libpaper (>=1.0-1)
Recommends: gsfonts (>=4.01-3)
Conflicts: gs, gs_x, gs_svga, gs_both
Replaces: gs
Provides: gs, gs_x, gs_svga, gs_both, postscript-viewer
Installed-Size: 2516
Maintainer: Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
 This version is Aladdin copy right, not GNU copyleft, see
 /usr/doc/copyright/gs
 Ghostscript is used for postscript preview and printing.  Usually as
 a back-end to a program such as ghostview, it can display postscript
 documents in an X11 environment.  It can also use the Linux svga
 library to display documents graphically on the Linux console.
 .
 Furthermore, it can render postscript files as graphics to be printed
 on non-postscript printers.  Supported printers include common
 dot-matrix, inkjet and laser models.

--
mailto:karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg