Re: Creation of typical installations...

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> installation process, allow the installer to select one. Copy the
> appropriate status file to /target/... . On the reboot, the installation
> script would, at some point, run the "access" portion of dselect, update

Somehow playing with the status file like that seems to be a bad idea. It
is very important that the status file exactly represent the current state
of all installed packages on the machine. Ie consider if someone upgrades
the base.tgz file to have a new version of a package, you would have to
edit all of the groups to include this change.

So far, I think the --set-selections has shown the most promise?

Jason