Re: I intend to stand for the project leadership

Dale Scheetz wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Philippe Troin wrote:
> > Ok, but a lot of people do a lot of things (Guy with the ftp archive, Sue with the web page, etc...). Having these titles just sounds like VPs are more important than others.
> > Read: except you Bruce as Project Leader, noone should have pompous titles.
> >
> > Sounds silly eh ? I know but I have an epidermic reaction with the terms VP, President, CEO, etc... Especially when it comes to projects like Debian.
> >
> For this very reason I have chosen Coordinator as a more descriptive term
> for my "superior" position in the testing group for this very reason. I
> don't really see any problems with "pompous" titles...you have to call
> them something.
> Would you feel more comfortable calling Bruce "Master" and his appointees
> "SlaveN" (where N is a unique number for each individual)?

Heh.. The title I use to describe my function(s) varies on the situation.
I'm the Debian DNS(Czar|Grunt). Sometimes I'm even the SPI (show me the
^%#$#$# money) Treasurer. No matter what, I'm just a little guy with
some menial skills trying to have fun, and help with the best Linux
distribution out there.

Tim

PS: Titles don't impress me. The 'higher' the title, usually the more
responsiblity and work you have. I'll stay a grunt, thank you all the same!

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
  Actually, I *do* know everything. I just don't get paid enough to show it.