Re: Upgrade libelf0 to libelfg0

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Brandon Mitchell wrote:

As you may have noted, libelfg0 is the libc6-based version of libelf0,
so you possibly want to keep the libc5-based version installed for a
while, until you have the dependent programs rebuilt with libc6, don't you?

> This one should be quick, how do I do this upgrade using dpkg (not
> dselect)?  They conflict, so:
>
> 1) dpkg -r libelf0 -i libelfg0_0.6.4-8.deb
>   Nope, once it receives the -r, all further packages are attempted to be
>    removed (including the package -i and libelfg0...)
> 2) dpkg -r libelf0; dpkg -i libelfg0_0.6.4-8.deb
>   I don't want a time frame inbetween these two packages.
> 3) dpkg -i -force-conflicts libelfg0_0.6.4-8.deb; dpkg -r libelf0
>   This is what I want to do, but I'm hesitant to the use the force.
> 4) some other way?  E.g. tell dpkg to mark libelf0 for removal and then do
>   an install?  If so, how?

I would suggest updating libelf0 to libelf0_0.6.4-8, and then installing
libelfg0 if you really need it.

Forgive me for being curious but, which program are you using that
needs libelf0?

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna