Re: Packaging helpers (Re: debstd-like tool for those who don't want to use debmake)

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> IMHO, 3 packaging helpers (debmake, joey's & yours) are 2 too many!

That depends: if they all need programs to be installed to build the
package, then yes. If, like Manoj's is as I understand it, they prepare a
standard makefile which needs no special tools to run, then I can't see
any reason not to have lots of different ones.

So long as I'm still allowed to make my packages without using any of
them, I'm happy :)