Re: RPM (Was Re: Deity project schedule problems)

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Lalo Martins wrote:

> Bruce Perens wrote:
> >
> [...]
> > I still think we should be using RPM.
>
> Not serious? I almost unsubscribed and started uninstalling
> Debian machines when I read that. DPKG and .deb are about
> 150% superior sollutions, and you can't improve RPM because
> RedHat makes very sure it's proprietary.

Questions of which is better or worse appart, RPM is released under the
GPL.  Of course the one redhat releases is probably the accepted
'standard', and therefore, modification of it to meet our needs might be
troublesome.  But I don't know enough to really judge.

Bye,

David Welton
davidw@efn.org  davidw@freenet.hut.fi  http://www.efn.org/~davidw
Se quest'email e` in Italiano, mi dispiace per gli errori:-) FORZA PANTANI!
			 --Debian GNU/Linux--