end of /opt discussion

(I CC this to debian-devel. In case someone really needs to reply, please
send the replies to debian-policy only.)

> I hate to jump in on this thread, but I strongly believe that "official"
> Debian packages should not install stuff into /opt or /usr/local.

It looks like this discussion doesn't stop! There is no need to panic:
it's still "official policy" that no Debian package from us (in either
section) may install files into /opt or /usr/local.

Anyways, the KDE problem is solved since Andreas managed to split up the
KDE files into the usual locations.

So please let us stop this discussion now and get back to something
useful.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian is looking     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de
for a logo! Have a
look at our drafts     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
at    http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/