Re: kde directory structure

Manong Dibos writes:

> On Sat, 20 Sep 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> > >Sorry to bother debian-private with a discussion that belongs to
> > >debian-devel or debian-policy (I've set the Reply-To:), but I repeat
> > >myself saying that you should put all under /opt/kde and not /usr/kde or
> > >all spreaded into several places. !!
> > >We had X11 and emacs doing that and wasn't so nice.
>
> Here are some other things that belong in /opt...
>
> /opt/netscape/
> /opt/gnustep/
> /opt/kde/
> /opt/emacs/
> /opt/X11/
> /opt/Oracle/
>
> Any others?

IIRC /opt is designed to contain third-party software, mainly distributed
in binary form.  A distribution should not install any file into
/usr/local and /opt.

We can modify KDE to fit in the regular filesystem structure and
we have not to rely on the authors doing it correctly.  So I believe
tolonuga should do his best to use correct paths.

Regards

	Joey

  /  27./28.9.97: Kongress des Individual.NET e.V.                /
 /     http://www.individual.net/congress/  in-gs@individual.net /
/       Highlights: Richard Stallmann, Bruce Perens, Jim Bidzos /