Re: Checksums

> At my ISP I have been allowed to install a debian mirror. The server that
> it is on may have been compromised by hackers. I would like to check to make
> sure that the mirror itself has not been modified, but do not want to do them
> one at a time. Could someone give me a hint on how to proceed?
>
> Mike

I am keeping an up-to-date database of dpkgcert package certificates
(for the i386 packages, at least) which is updated nightly from my mirror
site at home.  See http://dpkgcert.jimpick.com/ for details.

(Nobody has used the certificates yet, other than me)

Unfortunately, dpkgcert doesn't seem to have a utility for comparing
.deb files against a certificate.  If this was added, then you would
be able to verify your mirror against my mirror.  Hopefully, both
sites weren't compromised at the same time.

Cheers,

 - Jim