Re: www-data uid and gid problems

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Alexander E. Apke wrote:
>
> The real question is whether it's allowed to use dashes (-) in a login
> name. I think it is allowed, but I don't know for sure and I don't know
> where to look this up.

I wouldn't know either, but I do agree that it probably is allowed.

> Anyways, if a dash is allowed, you should report a bug against the
> postgres package--otherwise, against the base-passwd package.

I am running an upstream version of postgres that I compiled myself, so I
don't know if the postgres package has the same problem.  The debian
postgres package is pretty old.

I wonder if other debanized or non-debanized source have problems with
special chars, such as the dash in the passwd/group file.

						Alex