Re: /dev/vcs* perms (was: Re: should fte provide /usr/bin/editor?)

> While we're at it, shouldn't login also chown /dev/audio, /dev/fd[01] and
> the like for console-logins? Of course, xdm would have to do this as well.

Login does something different: it can optionally put someone who logs in
in certain groups. In /etc/login.defs I have the following line:

CONSOLE_GROUPS          floppy:audio:cdrom

This puts everyone who logs in on the console in groups floppy, audio and
cdrom. Now if only xdm could do the same for everyone who logs in on
the local console...