Re: database of maintainers

In message <[🔎] Pine.SUN.3.95.970918094030.17116C-100000@garcia.efn.org>, writes:
  >On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Manong Dibos wrote:
  >
  >> >  packages available to us -- postgres95, mysql, msql and
  >> >  postgresql(??) seem to be candidates, though I have no idea how they
  >> >  stack up against one other.
  >>
  >> I vote for mysql. However, consider my vote plunked for whichever RDBMS
  >> implements the most useful subset of SQL.
  >
  >It would probably be best to use something free.  Neither msql nor mysql
  >is free by our definition, but I think postgresql is, as is postregres95.

PostgreSQL is the new name of Postgres95.

Postgres95 (version 1.09 was the last) has lots of bugs - don't use it;
instead use PostgreSQL which started with release 6.0 and is about to release
version 6.2..

Isle of Wight                                  http://lfix.co.uk/oliver

     Make it idiot-proof, and someone will breed a better idiot.