Re: Uploaded e2fsprogs 1.10-5.1 (source i386) to master

Yann Dirson writes:
 >    * Experimental release just to check libc6 doesn't break e2fsck any
 >      more. Will probably break `quota' and `dump' (still use libc5). Use
 >      only for testing on a partition >2Gb.

Sorry, but I must insist: this version of the package is solely for
testing whether the included patch to e2fsck effectively fixes the
problem with >2Gb partitions.

Please DO NOT download it for other purposes.

Be sure to use "-n" flag to e2fsck when doing the test on a >2Gb
partition, or be prepared to disaster.

I hope this warning won't prevent some of you to do the testing, as I
can't do it myself (no such disk :( ), and e2fsprog might be moved to
"contrib" if we can't compile it against libc6 :-<

BTW, please tell me about test results ;)

(please do not bug me about the dependency on both libc5 and libc6, I
saw that, still didn't look where it did come from, but binaries seem
to work anyway...)
--
Yann Dirson  <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>        | Stop making Bill richer & richer,
alt-email: <ydirson@a2points.com>        |    support Debian GNU/Linux: