should fte provide /usr/bin/editor?

The policy is requiring that all editors should provide an
/usr/bin/editor via update-alternatives (4.2), but I'm not sure if it's
good for fte to provide one.

Why?

Because it has 2 executables, one for X and another one for console (they
can't be compiled in the same binary), and the console version doesn't work
on anywhere else but on a virtual console. I could provide a wrapper script
that would launch xfte when in X and vfte when on console, but it wouldn't
fill all cases (such like telnet connections), and I suppose /usr/bin/editor
is ment to be used when everithing else fails...