Re: bzip2 -- no longer non-us?

 And it is true, *sometimes* bzip squeezes an extra 20% ; the initial
results from my experiments, about a year ago, showed that in many cases
bzip had the better compression ratios. However, the same was not true
for super-fat files, those with sizes of 250 Megs or more, and the extra
savings of bzip were too tiny to consider. They were in the
order of less than 1% .

 I recommend that before any major decision is taken, we should
verify the compression-ratio measurements.

--
Ioannis Tambouras
ioannis@flinet.com, West Palm Beach, Florida