Re: Tetris trademark infringement
- To: "Robert A. Bruce" <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Tetris trademark infringement
- From: Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 20:13:57 -0400
- Message-id: <19970910201357.26070@kite>
- In-reply-to: <199709102352.QAA20389@pooh.cdrom.com>; from Robert A. Bruce on Wed, Sep 10, 1997 at 04:52:55PM -0700
- References: <199709102352.QAA20389@pooh.cdrom.com>
[ I don't think this belongs on the security mailing list. ]
Robert A. Bruce wrote:
> I just got a nasty letter from a lawyer about the Tetris trademark.
> They are upset about files on our ftp server, ftp.cdrom.com. Many of
> the files are in the Debian mirror.
> You should delete these files. We have temporarily disabled the mirroring,
> so as soon as these are deleted, please send email and we will re-enable the
> Anything using the word "Tetris" should go. If they are checking our
> ftp-site, they are probably checking others, so if you can get your site
> cleaned up before they get to it, it will save you some legal hassles.
I'm the maintainer of this package and most other tetris-like packages in
debian. Well, what should we do? This package is free, it is not derived
from a non-free tetris in any way I know of. It also apprears on many other
public places like ftp.x.org.
Should I rename the package? What about all the other packages that have
"tetris" in their description somewhere? A quick grep of my available file
Description: 3-D tetris like game
A 3-D game similar to blockout or tetris.
Description: tetris for X
Single player tetris for X.
Description: not just another tetris clone
Another tetris-like falling blocks game. Although it
Description: client-server multiplayer X tetris
sail, snake, tetris, trek, wargames, worm, worms, wump
This version of tetris supports single player mode, or 2 player
Hexagonal pieces give this version of tetris a new twist.
kscreensaver, ktetris, kview, and kvt
Should all that be changed to "te*ris" or something?
see shy jo
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .