Re: Intention to re-write /usr/sbin/install-info

On 9 Sep 1997, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> As a side note in this discussion, are the interfaces of the two
> install-info programs reconcilable; i.e., could one write a front-end
> script that detects which install-info program (GNU or Debian) is
> needed, and then call either ginstall-info or dinstall-info,
> depending?
>
> If this can be done, then it would be a Good Thing to write, IMHO.

I wrote a script for this, but no one seemed to care for it.  I thought it
was a good thing too, needing only a simple switch/case statement.  Maybe
everyone was getting it confused with the first script I wrote which was a
bad thing.  If anyone has the gnu install-info options (i.e. the top of
the man page), send it to me and I'll repost the script for comment.

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html
                  PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds