How to compile succesfully with libc6???

Hi,

I am having a heck of a time trying to compile some of the orphaned
packages I took over. In this case it is ncpfs but yesterday I had problems
with Samba (my unofficial version for the latest version of Samba).

It's always the same: lots of redefinitions in the include files, lots of
warning messages from gcc and sometimes, even errors.

Can anyone can give an advice on how to fix these problems? It looks to
me like that besides packaging for Debian, I also have to fix the source
code to make it compile against glibc2.

Ane help, please?

Thanks,

E.-