Re: Spice copyright

> Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org> writes:
>
> >     1. The licensee agrees not to charge for the University of
> > California code itself.
>
> > It then seems to me that spice can be packaged in Debian main
> > distribution.
>
> No, it has to go in non-free because of the above clause.
>

> Guy

But if you read it in context, it says:

    1. The licensee agrees not to charge for the University of California
       code itself. The licensee may, however, charge for additions,
       extensions, or support.

So if we modify it - then it can go into the main distribution, since
somebody who is charging for our version could conceivably be charging for
our modification.

Aren't we modifying something when we package it?

Cheers,

 - Jim