Spice copyright

I finally got an answer from UCB about Spice's copyright.
Enclosed is my correspondence with the UCB people.
They say that spice's copyright is described at:
	http://hera.eecs.berkeley.edu/~software/software.agree.html

Which says:
<QUOTE>
                    RESEARCH SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
                           (revised October 1994)

   This form must be signed and enclosed with your order of any
software
   or documentation.

   This form specifies the terms under which the software and
   documentation referenced in this booklet are provided. Some
specified
   software and documentation are subject to special licensing terms
   which are described within. Those terms are incorporated into this
   agreement.

   Software is distributed as is, completely without warranty or
service
   support. The University of California and its employees are not
liable
   for the condition or performance of the software.

   The University owns the copyright in and all other proprietary
rights
   to all software and documentation provided under this agreement.

   Notwithstanding the foregoing, the University does not warrant
that it
   owns such copyright or other proprietary rights. The University
shall
   not be liable for any infringement of copyright or other
proprietary
   rights brought by third parties against the licensee of the
software
   and documentation provided under this agreement.

   THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED
WARRANTIES,
   INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
FOR A
   PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE UNIVERSITY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES
   INCURRED BY THE LICENSEE IN USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION,
   INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
   DAMAGES.

   The University of California grants the licensee the right to
modify,
   copy, and redistribute the software and documentation, both within
the
   licensee's organization and externally, subject to the following
   restrictions:

    1. The licensee agrees not to charge for the University of
California
       code itself. The licensee may, however, charge for additions,
       extensions, or support.
    2. In any product based on the software, the licensee agrees to
       acknowledge the research group that developed the software.
This
       acknowledgment shall appear in the product documentation.
    3. The licensee agrees to obey all U.S. Government res- trictions
       governing redistribution or export of the software and
       documentation.
    4. For software with additional restrictions, the licensee agrees
       all additional terms governing distribution of that software.
    5. The licensee agree to reproduce any copyright notice which
appears
       on the software and documentation provided under this
agreement on
       any copy or modification of such made available to others by
       licensee.
</QUOTE>

It then seems to me that spice can be packaged in Debian main
distribution.

What do others think ?

Phil.