Re: ANNOUNCE: New debian-devel-topic mailing lists

On 23 Aug 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:
>
> > Three new mailing lists have been created:
>
> What a hassle.  I now have to go subscribe the mail archiver and go
> subscribe myself, and I'm going to just filter them all back in
> debian-devel.

Agreed! I do the same thing right now with debian-changes,
debian-devel-changes, and the various debian-bugs lists. It doesn't
improve things but instead makes keeping track of everything that is
important that much harder.

> Could everyone start using a mailreader that can thread so we can be
> done with this constant splitting?

I'm not even sure you need a threaded mail reader. I use Pine and have no
trouble sorting by topic or person as need be. Splitting up the lists just
means that there are some lists that I will not contribute to because I
haven't found the time to subscribe.

Luck,

Dwarf