Anyone seeing dpkg-parsechangelog problems?

All of a sudden i can't use deb-make anymore.  The problem is
dpkg-parsechangelog core dumps immediately.  (I.e I can't even
get it to print usage.)

I'm using:
ii  dpkg-dev        1.4.0.19       Package building tools for Debian Linux
ii  debmake         3.3.11         Development environment for Debian Sourcepac
ii  libc5           5.4.33-5       The Linux C library version 5 (run-time libr
ii  libc6           2.0.4-1        The GNU C library version 2 (run-time files)
ii  perl            5.004.02-1     Larry Wall's Practical Extracting and Report

Before making a bug report I thought I'd just check to see if anyone else
is getting this or is it just me.

All packages have been purged and reinstalled at least once.  All other
perl scripts on my system seem to work fine.

-- Jaldhar