Re: XZX Copyright (again)

On Mon, Aug 11, 1997 at 07:27:44PM +0200, Juan Cespedes wrote:
> 	I'm afraid I won't be able to package XZX even in non-free; I
> wrote to the author asking for his copygiht, and here's his answer:
>
> > You must not change any version number, copyright notice nor documentation
> > of XZX. There is a XZX distribution for RedHat available.
> >
>       (snip)
>
> 	Well, I could package it into non-free, but only if there
> wasn't that "And I get a Debian CD-ROM for free".  What do you think?
> Should I forget packaging it and writing just an installer?

Perhaps it's worth looking into what the deal is with the RPM of
the same program, and seeing how cleanly alien installs it.
Although this wouldn't make it part of debian, it would at least
be known to be accessible to debian folks.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust                                 hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.