Re: We need to work on our advertising

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Sue Campbell wrote:

> It would be nice if we get enough contributions to occasionally run
> an ad in LJ so we can get some info out that puts us in a good light.
> We can't expect commercial companies to check all their facts - it's
> not in their best interest.

If someone has the time, it might be useful to contact LJ about doing
an article, or a series of articles, or a monthly column devoted to
or focused on Debian.  I lived near LJ's home base up until a year
ago, and I've had some contact with the staff.  They're a pretty
good bunch.  I imagine that something could be worked out on the
LJ side of this.  Of course, anyone doing this would be a high
visibility spokesperson for Debian.  Any such effort ought to
be OK'd in advance by Bruce P.