Re: Libc6 Upgrade Howto?

Craig Sanders wrote:

[SNIP - locale problem in libc5.postinst]

> i just commented out the "set -e" near the top of the script.
>
> maybe do_locale should test if the relevant file(s) exist before attempting
> to do anything with them.

The files exist, that's not the problem.  But there are errors in them.
So do_locale is working as it should :)

The only problem with it is that the errors don't get reported, so the
user doesn't know why the script is failing.  It should probably
use the --quiet option rather than sending everything to /dev/null.
(I found this option in the sources, and it's not documented anywhere,
so it's not surprising that the libc5 maintainer didn't use it).