Re: fakeroot forcing filemodes

Hi,

	There are other cases where a build process may (temporarily)
 install things with non-debian-conformant permissions. For example,
 Perl Configure created packages that I manage (like dist and
 mailagent) are often configured to install files mode 0444. I run
 make install, and then the rules file goes in and changes the modes
 to conform.

	However, setting the env variable should still be fine.

    manoj
--
 "The fact is that one side thinks that the profits to be won outweigh
 the risks to be incurred, and the other side is ready to face danger