dpkg-checkpackages

Good night everyone!

As requested on debian-user I have written a dpkg-checkpackages which
reads some Packages files and checks for its integrity.  This should
prevent CD manufacturerer from broken archives.

It includes the following tests on every package in our Packages
files:

  . Existance of package .deb
  . Existance of msdos filename link (can be suppressed by --msdos)
  . Same size
  . Same md5sum

If there is a mismatch it is written to stdout otherwise you won't see
a line (unless adding --verbose).

I'd like to have this script included in our distribution of dpkg.

Please take a look at it and tell me if you have any problems with its
use.  You'll find the script on ftp.infodrom.north.de in
/pub/people/joey/debian as dpkg-checkpackages.

Thanks and have good night,

	Joey

 /                              No question is too silly to ask, /
/    but, of course, some are too silly to answer  -- perl book /