Re: non-debian kernels -- bizzar?

Me being being a newbie installed the debian kernel package on my m68k
Debian. After some tries I gave up, cause the code is totaly out of date
when it comes to other architectures.

Altough I had a 2.0.29 kernel running and the 2.0.30 package installed
(which saved me a lot of trouble removing that (for non i386) totally
useless package), but it still failed to remove itself. It complained
about subdirs not being empty a lot of times.

I tried to configure and build that kerenl, so there were probably a lot
of .o files everywhere in the tree and it didn't remove them and then of
cause failed to remove the dirs. I removed the dir manually then without
checking what was left, so I can't tell for sure.

May the source be with you.
			Mrvn

PS: I found that the docs concerning how to build youre own kerenl are
also purely for i386. Is there anybody actively working on the kernel
and on the documentation?