Re: Should packages depend on cron?

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Brandon Mitchell wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > On Jul 27, Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:
> > >   [details *snipped*]
> > >
> > > Steve, do you agree?
> >
> > I don't object, but I'd like to have a few people run this way for a
> > couple of weeks, and work out any problems before we unleash it the
> > world. I'll do so, but I don't have lot going on my system -- log
> > rotation is about it, and may not pick up on any flaws ( I'm not saying
> > there *are* flaws, but I may not be able to correctly judge).
>
> Since I helped devise this mess, I'll help :-)  Also send a message to the
> debian testing group (Dale has been heading this for a while).  I wanted
> to test the stuff from bo updates this weekend, but I had to spend it
> reinstalling every program on my mom's win95 machine (ack).
>
> My system is on during the morning and night on week days, and can be left
> on during the weekend.  If you hurry, I can catch the monthly crontabs,
> too.

Ok. I'll change to anacron package as described in the last mail and
announce it here, when the new version is available. (This will also
include a description of how to tune cron, for now.)

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
                    schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Don't know Perl?     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.perl.com     http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/